Daily or weekly yoga is hugely beneficial to your overall well-being, both mentally and physically. Regular yoga practice can:
- Decrease Stress - Yoga helps decrease the secretion of cortisol, which is the primary stress hormone. Studies have reported that many, in as little as three months, have experienced reduced stress, anxiety, fatigue, and feelings of depression when they practice yoga regularly.
- Improve Heart Health - Studies show that yoga can help improve your heart health and reduce several risk factors for heart disease. Over time, it can also help control blood pressure and decrease cholesterol.
- Improve Quality of Life - Many who practice yoga regularly experience more positive moods and less fatigue than those who don't exercise. Studies have also shown that yoga can even improve sleep quality.
- Increase Flexibility - Practicing a yoga flow for just 15-30 minutes a day could significantly increase your flexibility and balance.
- Improve Breathing - Yoga is all about controlled breathing and moving with purpose. Regular practice has been known to increase one's vital capacity, which is the measure of the maximum amount of air that can be expelled from the lungs. Increased necessary capacity is especially beneficial for anyone with lung disease, heart problems, and asthma.
- Relieve Migraines - Studies have shown that many who suffer from migraines experience reductions in headache intensity, frequency, and pain when they practice yoga regularly.
Designating and decorating a special place within your home for yoga will make it a regular part of your routine. Even on busy days, you'll find it easy to make time for a quick yoga flow. However, you choose to create your space so make sure that you feel relaxed, comfortable, and at peace.